1-10-17 Tonight we’re back from our holiday vacation!! We hope you all had a great holiday, and a fun New Year!
We’ll be talking with Rob Ratliff. Those of you who listen to the show might remember we had him on earlier in the year on Back to Basics. Rob is an intuitive mead recipe designer, and his meads are top notch. (He’s also a good friend!).
Rob decided to put his recipes, and his skills, into a book, The Big Book of Mead Recipes. It comes out on Kindle this month, followed by a trade paperback, and later this quarter, a fold-flat spiral bound edition with blank ruled pages for notes.
Rob packed his book with over 60 recipes in all the mead styles, and there are some pretty good ones in there!
Rob is also going to stay on with us and talk about Polish style meads. Rob makes an amazing Polish mead, so good that the largest meadery in Poland was stunned to drink it and were very complementary (meaning I thought they were going to hire him right there!).
NEW!! Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Starrlight Mead – many upcoming events
- Blacksnake Mead – several upcoming events
- Great Society Cider and Mead – several upcoming events
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- Oran Mor Artisan Mead – several upcoming events
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 9-19-17 Ryan Making Modern Mead – SNAs, Racking, Stabilizing and Aging - September 19, 2017
- 9-12-17 Ryan Carlson -Making Modern Mead – Yeast and How to Keep it Happy - September 12, 2017
- 9-5-17 Ryan Carlson – Modern Mead Making – Yeast - September 5, 2017