1-23-18 We’re continuing talking with AMMA speakers, and tonight we have Jeff Herbert, meadmaker and owner at Superstition Meadery, who is stepping in for Carlos Bassetti, who can’t make it tonight. Carlos is speaking at the conference about Superstition’s leap from 60 gallon batches to 1000 gallon batches. He’s also an amazing meadmaker, with some very unique ideas. We’re going to get an overview of his talk, and then pick Jeff’s brains on his mead making ideas and techniques.
We’re also going to have Chris Kuzme, who is putting on the NY Fermentation Fest, which this year will have several meaderies represented. This event is about all things fermented, so there will be beer, wine, mead, cider, saurkraut, kombucha, and there will be all sorts of yummy food. Chris is going to tell us about the event. He’s an excellent brewer, and has a brewer in NYC, and is married to Mary Izett, author of “Speed Brewing” who we had on the show back in August.
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/ziEOpYCEWrcg during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- New York Fermentation Fest
- Speed Brewing by Mary Izett
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- American Homebrewers Association
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- January 24 – Honeymoon Mead and Cider -Open Mic with Pace Rubadeau
- January 24 – Brothers Drake Meadery – Soul Eyz concert
- January 24 – Superstition Meadery – Free Mead Tasting and music at the Wandering Tortoise
- January 31 – Wild Blossom Meadery – Mead and Cheese 101
- February 14 – Mead and Cheesecake Pairing at Dahlia’s Pour House
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 1-15-18 Mead Myths Busted – Part 2 with Ryan Carlson - January 15, 2019
- 1-8-19 Ryan on Meadmaking: Myth vs. Science in making good mead - January 8, 2019
- 11-27-18 Kenneth Jenkinson – Savannah Bee - November 27, 2018