Diane started homebrewing beer shortly after moving back to Durham in the early 1990s. She experienced her first mead at Ring of Fire Meadery in Homer Alaska in 2004. After hiking through a field of local fireweed wildflowers, she was introduced to a mead made from those flowers, and was hooked for life. She remains in awe of the extraordinary results of fermenting what is essentially billions of bee visits to flowers and the amazing transformation of nectar into honey into mead.
Diane will be talking at the AMMA Conference about ‘going it alone’ as a solopreneur starting a meadery, digging into the things that worked, and things that didn’t, and the ways she overcame the obstacles to get her meadery opened.
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/ziEOpYCEWrcg during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- New York Fermentation Fest
- Speed Brewing by Mary Izett
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- American Homebrewers Association
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- January 31 – Wild Blossom Meadery – Mead and Cheese 101
- February 1 – Threadbare Mead and Cider – Game Night and Mardi Gras kickoff
- February 10 – Big Lost Meadery – Beer Pong Tournament
- February 14 – Mead and Cheesecake Pairing at Dahlia’s Pour House
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 11-27-18 Kenneth Jenkinson – Savannah Bee - November 27, 2018
- The Newbee Guide to Making Mead - November 27, 2018
- The Newbee Guide to Making Mead – Chapter 1:What is Mead? - November 27, 2018