1-9-18 We’re starting to feature the speakers from the AMMA Conference, coming up March 14-15, 2018. You can learn more at the website, 2 days of both home and professional tracks, all about mead.
Sergio is owner of Melovino Meadery, and will be speaking on his experiment with nutrients, doing a triangle test to determine which methods of meadmaking are perceived to make the best mead, according to the 80 people expected to take part.
We will also have Bob Slanzi on with us, and he’s going to be doing some commentary on the AMMA Conference subjects, and digging in a bit for those who want to know more.
if you’ve been making mead for more than 10 years, you’ll remember how we went from boiling the honey, to tossing in the yeast and honey and waiting, to using yeast hulls and ‘nutrient’ mixes from the brew shop and pasteurizing, to using Fermaid K and DAP, to doing staggered nutrient addition (SNA) to TOSNA, outlined on Sergio’s website at meadmaderight.com. Meadmaking techniques have changed a lot!
We’ll be discussing the changes in mead yeast feeding over the years, and debating what the changes appear to have done for the overall quality of mead over the last 20 years.
Should be an interesting conversation!
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Neurogastronomy: How the Brain Creates Flavor and Why it Matters – Gordon Shepherd
- What the Nose Knows – Avery Gilbert
- American Homebrewers Association
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- January 18 – B. Nektar – Mead and Yoga in Kalamazoo
- January 19 – Cellarmen’s Mead – Drinking Mead and Music and Hazel Park
- January 20 – Colchester Mead House – Make Earrings and Drink Mead
- January 20 – Mead Workshop by Hudson Valley Beekeepers, taught by Bob Slanzi
- February 14 – Mead and Cheesecake Pairing at Dahlia’s Pour House
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 5-22-18 Adam Thompson – Machination Meadworks – the path to going pro - May 22, 2018
- 4-24-18 Luke Holcombe-Scott Labs - April 24, 2018
- 4-17-18 Alex Gonzalez – Honeypot Meadery-Southern California Mead Alliance-SoCal Mead Club - April 17, 2018