10-30-18 Episode 123! Dang, they’re piling up! We’re back from a week off, because Vicky ran off to DisneyWorld last week (and found mead there!!).
This week, Ryan is back again, and wants to talk about creating your own mead recipes. Probably the most asked question on the Gotmead Forums and the many mead social media groups is ‘do you have a recipe for xxx’.
Yeah, we do. But you’ll never be able to make the same mead as us, because there are differences in regional honey, fruits, spices, etc. No two meads are exactly alike. But that’s ok, Ryan is going to help you to figure out how to put together flavors you like or hear about, and create a mead recipe that will get you a solid mead, every time.
This is a core meadmaking skill, creating your own recipes. Once you’ve got this down, the sky is the limit!
Click the chat link below to join us live, and ask questions for Ryan and the team. See you online!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Finding yeasts
- Sur lie and bâtonnage – Ben Rotter
- Guide to SO2 Management – MoreWine
- Backsweetening and Stabilization Spreadsheet
- Oak Infusion Spirals
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Nov 1 – St. Ambrose Cellars – Thirsty Thursday Open Mic Night
- Nov 1 – Bos Meadery – Mead to Laugh
- Nov 3 – Southwest Michigan Wine, Hops and Harvest Festival
- Nov 7 – Shuley’s Cuisine and Events – Cider and Mead Pairing Dinner
- Nov 10-11 – Starrlight Meadery – Grand Opening Celebration – New Location!!
- Nov 17 – Bos Meadery – Progressive Dinner
- January 19 – Meadery Bus Tour in Royal Oak, MI
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 4-16-19 – Steve Patik on Braggots - April 16, 2019
- 4-2-19 Scot Schaar and Bob Slanzi – Polish Mead (and Polish Passports) - April 2, 2019
- 3-26-19 Jon Oppegaard – Oppegaard Meadery – Mead in the PNW (and Taco Mead) - March 26, 2019