10-9-18 Tonight we’re going across the pond, in a recorded episode with Mateusz Blaszczyk, who is putting on the European Mead Makers Association’s first Mead Conference, November 8-9 in Poznan, Poland. The group Kings of Mead YouTube channel will also be putting on two mead competitions, the Mead Madness Competition one for home meadmakers and one for professional meaderies.
Currently it is expected that 10 or more countries will have meadmakers attending the conference, so they’re off to a great start!
The EMMA is picking up speed in Europe, starting in Switzerland by Alexander Eckert in Italy, in 2017. Currently it is an open membership without dues, but is organizing and growing daily.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- 2018 ScottLab Yeast Handbook
- Finding yeasts
- Sur lie and bâtonnage – Ben Rotter
- Guide to SO2 Management – MoreWine
- Backsweetening and Stabilization Spreadsheet
- Oak Infusion Spirals
- DraughtLab – Sensory Guide for Craft Beer
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Oct 14 – Bos Meadery – Science and Mead Tastings at the Wisconsin Science Festival
- Oct 27 – Texas Mead Assocation – Texas Mead Fest!
- Oct 27 – Brimming Horn Meadery – Fight Like a Viking Breast Cancer Benefit
- Nov 17 – Bos Meadery – Progressive Dinner
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 10-9-18 Mateusz Blaszczyk – European Mead Makers Association Conference and Competitions - October 9, 2018
- 10-2-18 Ryan Carlson – Pairing Yeasts to Meads – Part 2 - October 2, 2018
- 9-25-18 Ryan Carlson – Pairing Yeast to Meads - September 25, 2018