11-1-16 – Our show tonight gets us together with Erik Newquist of Aesir Meadery in Everett, WA.
Aesir is all about creating small batch meads using sustainably produced ingredients from the local area, and they’re distributed all over Washington.
Erik is himself a microbiologist and chemist, and has experience in engineering, so we’re looking forward to hearing more about his outlook and process.
Join us as we chat with Erik about the meadery, his interesting techniques, and what he sees happening as the mead world expands.
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ –
- Vicky – water
- Erik –
Show links and notes
- Want to clear your mead faster? Add your bentonite in primary, *before* adding yeast, and your mead will clear faster at the end as the CO2 pushes the bentonite into solution
- Starrlight Mead – many upcoming events
- Blacksnake Mead – several upcoming events
- Great Society Cider and Mead – several upcoming events
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- Oran Mor Artisan Mead – several upcoming events
- Eltham and District Winemakers Guild Wine and Mead Show
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 6-19-18 To Brew Lists, Mistakes We’ve Learned From | Fred Minnick – author of Mead: The Libations, Legends and Lore and speaker on Mead Cocktails - June 19, 2018
- 6-12-18 Raphael Lyon – Enlightenment Wines – Making Natural (Wild) Meads - June 12, 2018
- 6-5-18 Ryan’s Rants – Balancing Your Mead - June 5, 2018