11-15-16 – Tonight we’re talking with Jason Phelps, an aspiring meadery owner in the process of opening Ancient Fire Meadery in Southern, NH. Jason hopes to be open sometime in 2017, and is currently wending his way through the mire of federal paperwork and local licensing.
Jason has a few medals for mead under his belt (108 at last count!) and hopes his mead will be as well liked by consumers as it has been by judges.
Join us to talk with Jason about his meadmaking, how his commercial meadmaking venture is going, and maybe we can pick his brains on how to create medal winning meads!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Starrlight Mead – many upcoming events
- Blacksnake Mead – several upcoming events
- Great Society Cider and Mead – several upcoming events
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- Oran Mor Artisan Mead – several upcoming events
- Eltham and District Winemakers Guild Wine and Mead Show
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-28-17 Jason Phelps – Ancient Fire Mead & Sergio Moutela – Melovino talk about making awesome Pyments - February 28, 2017
- 2-21-17 Shauna LeFave – Mythic Mead – Filtration, Cold Crashing and Mead without Added Sulfites - February 21, 2017
- 2-14-17 Southwestern Mead Local Sourcing – Greg Menke – Falcon Mead - February 14, 2017