11-20-18 We’re continuing our exploration of mead recipes and flavor profiles this week. We asked in the GotMead Group on Facebook and on the Gotmead Page for some flavor profiles that people would like to try to create. We’re going to spend tonight working on them, and seeing what we can come up with to help with creating recipes for those flavor profiles.
Get your Flavor Bibles out, and join us on the live chat as we explore creating particular flavor profiles in mead.
Some of the flavor concoctions that they have submitted are:
- Matt Mead – Faygo Rock and Rye and chocolate peppermint
- Jerry Hunziger – Pumpkin pie
- Joe Abruzzo – negroni and aperal spritz
- Roger Wanner – s’mores (without using the cookie and gluten free)
- Dana Fikes – Arnold Palmer
- John Smith – melomel, but bring in cocoa, nuts, toffee/caramel
- Peter Nilsson – mead with complex port/sherry like character
- Tony North – chocolate orange, jasmine tea, pecan pie, mango/chiles
- Ann Sosbe – honey pecan
- Theresa Cooley Meyer – Moscow Mule
- Andrea Starr – Atholl Brose
- Jason Finger – s’mores bochet, and curious about mahlab
- Pierre Rodrigue – rosemary/tangerine, how best to treat orange and herbs
- Stephen Rigsby – cherry cheesecake, key lime pie
- Alexander Eckert – imperial russian stout
- Susan VonderBecke – mexican chocolate (cocoa and ancho chile)
- Corey Robinson – mojito
- Joshua Willis – wanting to make a Mexico inspired mead
- Janet Wiedemann – lemon meringue
- Darryl Beck – campfire flapjacks – biscuit, smoked malt, maple butter
- Jeremy Goehring – Peanut butter cup
- Jeff Wanat – fruit punch
- Aaron Paxson – cream soda
- Kristeva Dowling – Cosmo mead
- Alexis Daigneault – Honeysuckle, citrus, peppermint, apple, blood orange, lavender (as separate flavors)
- Scott Seitz – oatmeal raisin cookie
Click the chat link below to join us live, and ask questions for Pete!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Finding yeasts
- Sur lie and bâtonnage – Ben Rotter
- Guide to SO2 Management – MoreWine
- Backsweetening and Stabilization Spreadsheet
- Oak Infusion Spirals
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Nov 21 – 810 MeadWorks – Han Solo Season Release with DJ/JT
- Dec 1 – Schramm’s Mead Holiday Gala
- Dec 1 – Honey Girl Meadery – Mead and Nut Butter pairings
- Dec 1 – Meridian Hive – Mead and cheese pairing
- Dec 8 – Starrlight Meadery – A Very Fairy Christmas
- Dec 8 – Threadbare Mead and Cider – Santa Visits the Meadery
- Dec 13 – The Colony Meadery – Mead and Cheese Pairing at Big Spoon Roasters
- Dec 14 – Brothers Drake Meadery – Zake Compston Big Band
- Dec 16 – SoLu Winery and Meadery – Kyle Feerick Trio
- Dec 15 – Blacksnake Meadery – Mead and Feed at Black Dog Salvage for Feeding America Southwest VA
- Dec 22 – Laughing Dragon Meadery – Yule Feast
- January 19 – Meadery Bus Tour in Royal Oak, MI
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 11-27-18 Kenneth Jenkinson – Savannah Bee - November 27, 2018
- The Newbee Guide to Making Mead - November 27, 2018
- The Newbee Guide to Making Mead – Chapter 1:What is Mead? - November 27, 2018