11-22-16 – Today I’m tickled to have a ‘home-boy’ on the show, Kirk Jones, beekeeper and, owner of St. Ambrose Cellars in Beulah, MI, just 30 miles from my family home in Onekama, MI. I visit them every time I go home.
Kirk and his wife Sharon, also an experienced beekeeper, are ‘back to earthers’ who met when Kirk moved to Northern Michigan to live a simpler life. They ended up making mead in their business via a happy accident, and have since added some excellent wines to their portfolio.
They run a large beekeeping and honey production facility in both Michigan and the Florida Panhandle and produce very large amounts of honey, which you can purchase on their website, they package bulk honey for mead makers. And, Kirk is in a Zydeco band! You can listen to his band’s music on here.
Join us to talk with Kirk about his meadmaking and beekeeping, and what is going on at St. Ambrose these days.
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Renco temperature controllers
- Sparkolloid for clearing mead
- Scott Lab plate and frame filtration
- Vesta Viticulture and Enology Science and Technology Alliance – meadery training
- Fining techniques for mead and wine
- Australasian Yeast Group
- Starrlight Mead – many upcoming events
- Blacksnake Mead – several upcoming events
- Great Society Cider and Mead – several upcoming events
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- Oran Mor Artisan Mead – several upcoming events
- Eltham and District Winemakers Guild Wine and Mead Show
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-28-17 Jason Phelps – Ancient Fire Mead & Sergio Moutela – Melovino talk about making awesome Pyments - February 28, 2017
- 2-21-17 Shauna LeFave – Mythic Mead – Filtration, Cold Crashing and Mead without Added Sulfites - February 21, 2017
- 2-14-17 Southwestern Mead Local Sourcing – Greg Menke – Falcon Mead - February 14, 2017