11-27-18 Tonight we are talking with Kenneth Jenkinson, manager at Savannah Bee Company and fellow mead maker.
Savannah Bee Company strives to live as bees live: symbiotically with nature and in a manner that contributes positively to the world around us.
Savannah Bee Company grew out of Ted’s passion for bees, beekeeping and honey. They carry several honey varietals, including some rarer ones like desert wildflower, tupelo and sourwood. They have an in-house mead and carry several other meadery’s products as well. And they have lots of beeswax goodies, beauty products and of course, a tasting bar for their mead and honeys.
I went to their Broughton St. location last weekend, and it was pretty cool, in a neat old building with high ceilings and lots of wood. We tasted all the meads and honeys, and ended up picking up several of the meads.
Click the chat link below to join us live.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Finding yeasts
- Sur lie and bâtonnage – Ben Rotter
- Guide to SO2 Management – MoreWine
- Backsweetening and Stabilization Spreadsheet
- Oak Infusion Spirals
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Dec 1 – Schramm’s Mead Holiday Gala
- Dec 1 – Honey Girl Meadery – Mead and Nut Butter pairings
- Dec 1 – Meridian Hive – Mead and cheese pairing
- Dec 8 – Starrlight Meadery – A Very Fairy Christmas
- Dec 8 – Threadbare Mead and Cider – Santa Visits the Meadery
- Dec 13 – The Colony Meadery – Mead and Cheese Pairing at Big Spoon Roasters
- Dec 14 – Brothers Drake Meadery – Zake Compston Big Band
- Dec 16 – SoLu Winery and Meadery – Kyle Feerick Trio
- Dec 15 – Blacksnake Meadery – Mead and Feed at Black Dog Salvage for Feeding America Southwest VA
- Dec 22 – Laughing Dragon Meadery – Yule Feast
- January 19 – Meadery Bus Tour in Royal Oak, MI
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 1-15-18 Mead Myths Busted – Part 2 with Ryan Carlson - January 15, 2019
- 1-8-19 Ryan on Meadmaking: Myth vs. Science in making good mead - January 8, 2019
- 11-27-18 Kenneth Jenkinson – Savannah Bee - November 27, 2018