11-22-16 – For our last episode of 2016, we’re meeting up with Bob Slantz from New York. Bob is an avid beekeeper and meadmaker, and Vice President of his beekeeping association.
Bob got started ‘making mead in the basement’ (except his was in the kitchen), with 60 pounds of honey from his personal hives.
After meeting Phil Clarke at a homebrew club meeting, who was the first other person he’d meet that made mead, he began making a bunch more, and soon took home a slew of ribbons, including a Best of Show at Homebrew Alley in NYC for his ghost pepper mead (whew!! hot!!).
He’s done some collaboration work with Sergio Moutela from Melovino Meadery in New Jersey, and made a batch of his ghost pepper mead there. He may even be doing some co-brewing at Melovino. Bob isn’t planning to ‘go pro’, but his meads are pretty good!
Join us to talk with Bob about his bees, his honey, and his mead activities!
NEW!! Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Starrlight Mead – many upcoming events
- Blacksnake Mead – several upcoming events
- Great Society Cider and Mead – several upcoming events
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- Oran Mor Artisan Mead – several upcoming events
- Eltham and District Winemakers Guild Wine and Mead Show
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 5-22-18 Adam Thompson – Machination Meadworks – the path to going pro - May 22, 2018
- 4-24-18 Luke Holcombe-Scott Labs - April 24, 2018
- 4-17-18 Alex Gonzalez – Honeypot Meadery-Southern California Mead Alliance-SoCal Mead Club - April 17, 2018