Pete has been making mead for over 30 years, and is also a trained winemaker, with education from U.C. Davis, and a family tradition of winemaking that goes back generations. I guess you could say he has some experience!
Tonight Pete comes on with us to talk about competitions. What’s going on with them, some of the background and behind the scenes efforts, and insight into what makes a competition tick. This is a must-listen if you run a comp, or are thinking about creating or entering one!
Click the chat link below to join us live, and ask questions for Pete!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Finding yeasts
- Sur lie and bâtonnage – Ben Rotter
- Guide to SO2 Management – MoreWine
- Backsweetening and Stabilization Spreadsheet
- Oak Infusion Spirals
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Nov 7 – Shuley’s Cuisine and Events – Cider and Mead Pairing Dinner
- Nov 7 – Threadbare Cider and Mead – Ricotta Cheese Making Workshop
- Nov 10 – Haley’s Honey Mead – Grand Opening Practice Run
- Nov 10-11 – Starrlight Meadery – Grand Opening Celebration – New Location!!
- Nov 17 – Schramm’s Mead – NICU Benefit Lunch
- Nov 17 – Bos Meadery – Progressive Dinner
- Nov 18 – Wild Blossom Meadery – Food and Mead Pairing
- January 19 – Meadery Bus Tour in Royal Oak, MI
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 11-13-18 Ryan Carlson – Creating Mead Recipes – Part 2 - November 13, 2018
- 11-6-18 Pete Bakulic – All About Mead Competitions - November 6, 2018
- 10-30-18 Ryan Carlson – Creating Your Custom Mead Recipe - October 30, 2018