POSTPONED TO THURSDAY NOV 10 DUE TO EQUIPMENT ISSUES (THE COMPUTER DIED) – PLEASE COME LISTEN THEN!!
11-8-16 – We are tickled to be talking with Michael Jordan, the Bee Whisperer tonight on GotMead Live. Michael has traveled the world to learn beekeeping, from Turkey and India, From Poland to Ireland. He was also asked to join a team to teach orphans around the world beekeeping and to do classes at the University of Wyoming’s Bee College. He has 173 hives that he manages now, and is getting around 5000 lbs of honey out of them (that is a TON of honey!!).
Michael is also working on creating the Underground Meadery, and is on his way to having a commercial meadery very soon!
Join us to talk with Michael about his beekeeping, his journey to become a commercial meadmaker, and his conversation on making mead!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ –
- Vicky – water
- Michael –
- Manny –
Show links and notes
- Beekeeping for Dummies
- Permaethos – PermaEthos conducts multiple training courses and workshops. Some of our educational programs consist of short term field workshops that run from several days to several weeks and are conducted on one of our farms. These include classes on Livestock Management, Permaculture Earthworks, Pond and Dam Building, Food Forest Establishment and much more.
- Starrlight Mead – many upcoming events
- Blacksnake Mead – several upcoming events
- Great Society Cider and Mead – several upcoming events
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- Oran Mor Artisan Mead – several upcoming events
- Eltham and District Winemakers Guild Wine and Mead Show
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-21-17 Shauna LeFave – Mythic Mead – Filtration, Cold Crashing and Mead without Added Sulfites - February 21, 2017
- 2-14-17 Southwestern Mead Local Sourcing – Greg Menke – Falcon Mead - February 14, 2017
- 2-7-17 Creating Award Winning Meads without Aging – Billy Beltz – Lost Cause Meadery - February 7, 2017