2-7-17 We’re having way too much fun with this! Tonight we’re talking with Billy Beltz, winner of 32 medals over last 2 years, including 2 Mazer Cup medals, for meads under 6 months old. Most were even younger than that! He’s also won a number of medals for his capsicumels, coffee meads and traditionals. He definitely knows his stuff!
Billy has been homebrewing for over 10 years, and has a lot of interesting ideas, and has gotten a lot of his ideas and techniques from Charlie Papazian, Petar Bakulic and right here at GotMead.
Billy is also opening a meadery this summer, Lost Cause Meadery, in San Diego California. Lost Cause will be teaming up with a local Cidery and open a co-branded tasting room space and production facility in San Diego in late summer, early fall 2017 with locally sourced, complex carbonated meads.
NEW!! Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- AMMA Mead Conference and MeadUp
- Mazer Cup International Competition and Tasting Event
- Yeast Washing Guide
- Magnetic Stir plate for yeast starters
- Economical stir plate
- First Steps in Mead Culture – Pierre Rajott
- Honey and Pollination Center at UC Davis – Feb 11 – Feast, a Celebration of Mead and Honey
- St. Ambrose Cellars – Live music every Friday night – Thirsty Thursday (35% off Refills) – Open Mic Nights on Thursdays (6PM)
- Golden Coast Mead – Feb 18 – Make Mead at Home class
- Bos Meadery – Feb 8 – Music: All That Heaven Allows, and Feb 9: Comedy at the Meadery – A Charity Event
- Meridian Hive Meadery – Feb 24 (and last Friday of every month) – Board Game Mead Up at the Tasting Room
- Melovino Meadery – Feb 17 & Feb 18 – Mead and Chocolate Pairing
- Oran Mor Artisan Mead – Feb 25 – Music at the Meadery – Intuitive Compass
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.