3-27-18 Whew, it’s been a busy few weeks! We return this week with something different, a cidery owner. Mead and cider go hand in hand, and there are many similarities. So, we’re talking with Chris Sheldon, owner of Diner Brewi Co, in New York state.
Chris first began trying his hand at brewing in 2008 while he was a junior at Boston College. He and his roommate were feeling unsatisfied with the beer made available to them in stores and at bars, so they sought out a beer-making kit to create their own.
The first product wasn’t what they’d hoped. But, after they had run out of ingredients, he took the kit and made his first batch of cider.
Fast forward nine years later, and Sheldon has his ciders on tap in 16 different retailers in New York. Chris said after realizing that cider making had begun taking over his life, he knew he had to turn it into a profession.
Join us to learn more about Chris’ journey and his ciders.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Black Swan Barrels
- White Labs Product Catalog
- New York Fermentation Fest
- Speed Brewing by Mary Izett
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- American Homebrewers Association
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- April 21 – The Winemakers Shop Mead Competition
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 1-15-18 Mead Myths Busted – Part 2 with Ryan Carlson - January 15, 2019
- 1-8-19 Ryan on Meadmaking: Myth vs. Science in making good mead - January 8, 2019
- 11-27-18 Kenneth Jenkinson – Savannah Bee - November 27, 2018