4-10-18 We’re off on a honey run today! If you went to the AMMA Conference, you may have gotten to hear Evan Himes speak about Dutch Gold Honey and the honey market, and maybe even gotten to taste the varietals Sergio made from their honeys.
Evan is coming on tonight to talk with us about what Dutch Gold is up to, discuss varietals of honey, and dig into the honey market. And a little bird told us that we converted him, and he’s now making mead, so we’ll talk mead (of course) as well.
A trail runner himself, Evan is a member of the Sales & Marketing Team at family-owned honey packer, Dutch Gold Honey, Inc. With a focus on ingredient sales, he uses his experience with handling bulk ingredients in a startup wholesale bakery operation to provide support to customers of all sizes.
Evan prepares and delivers tailored technical presentations to mixed groups of marketing, purchasing, operations, quality assurance, and R&D food industry professionals using his degree and first career as a high school mathematics teacher. A man of multiple hats, he also managed a brand refresh and steered the development of a new website for Dutch Gold.
In his free time, Evan serves in the Army National Guard, remains dedicated to health and fitness, and appreciates outdoor activities. He enjoys living in the city of Lancaster, Pennsylvania and spending time with his wife, Sarah.
Come hear Evan talk honey, and we’ll have tons of questions for him!
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Black Swan Barrels
- White Labs Product Catalog
- New York Fermentation Fest
- Speed Brewing by Mary Izett
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- American Homebrewers Association
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- April 14 – Bos Meadery – Gold Dust Women
- April 15 – Threadbare Mead and Cider – Hawk Brunch for Animal Rescue
- April 21 – The Winemakers Shop Mead Competition
- April 29 – Brothers’ Drake Mead – Wafflepalooza
- May 5 – B.Nektar – Spring Fest
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 4-24-18 Luke Holcombe-Scott Labs - April 24, 2018
- 4-17-18 Alex Gonzalez – Honeypot Meadery-Southern California Mead Alliance-SoCal Mead Club - April 17, 2018
- 4-10-18 Evan Himes, Dutch Gold Honey – Honey varietals in mead - April 10, 2018