4-25-17 This is our last week in Australia, and we’re tickled to have Joel Robinson, owner of Hunter and the Harp, in Wollongong, New South Wales.
Joel started out doing some co-brews with a local brewery, but is striking out independently now, and plans to make drier meads, best served chilled.
He’s active in the Australian mead awareness scene as well, and very active as a home meadmaker, and posts often on Facebook to say what he’s up to, and to offer advice to newer meadmakers.
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Hunter and Harp – The Illawarra’s First Meadery
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Australian Meadmakers Facebook Group
- Eltham & District Winemakers Guild Meadmaking Workshop
- Australian Amateur Brewing Championships
- Mauribrew yeasts (Australian)
- Lemon Myrtle
- Finger Limes
- St. Ambrose Cellars – Live music every Friday night – Thirsty Thursday (35% off Refills) – Open Mic Nights on Thursdays (6PM)
- Meridian Hive Meadery – last Friday of every month – Board Game Mead Up at the Tasting Room
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 8-1-17 Mary Izett – author of “Speed Brewing” - August 1, 2017
- 7-25-17 Steve Piatz – Author of “The Complete Guide to Making Mead” - July 25, 2017
- 7-18-17 Scott Schaar – 2017 NHC Meadmaker of the Year - July 18, 2017