2-14-17 We’re headed to New Mexico tonight, to visit with Greg Menke, the chef owner of The Beestro Group of Businesses: The Beestro and The Hive Market located in downtown Santa Fe New Mexico as well as The Root Cellar Mead Taproom & Gastropub and Falcon Meadery both coming online in fall/winter 2016.
These businesses encompass Greg’s passion for community, high quality local and sustainable food, and a celebration of honey bees. Inspired by the hive community of bees, each of these businesses helps one another succeed, in turn, helping to keep people, the local economy, and the environment healthy. (You can tell he loves those bees!!)
Greg is a mead fanatic, and a professional chef, so you can imagine the pairings, mead cocktails and who knows what all else he’s come up with? Join us for a peek into sourcing your mead in the Southwest.
NEW!! Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- St. Ambrose Cellars – Live music every Friday night – Thirsty Thursday (35% off Refills) – Open Mic Nights on Thursdays (6PM)
- Golden Coast Mead – Feb 18 – Make Mead at Home class
- Meridian Hive Meadery – Feb 24 (and last Friday of every month) – Board Game Mead Up at the Tasting Room
- Melovino Meadery – Feb 17 & Feb 18 – Mead and Chocolate Pairing
- Oran Mor Artisan Mead – Feb 25 – Music at the Meadery – Intuitive Compass
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-28-17 Jason Phelps – Ancient Fire Mead & Sergio Moutela – Melovino talk about making awesome Pyments - February 28, 2017
- 2-21-17 Shauna LeFave – Mythic Mead – Filtration, Cold Crashing and Mead without Added Sulfites - February 21, 2017
- 2-14-17 Southwestern Mead Local Sourcing – Greg Menke – Falcon Mead - February 14, 2017