5-2-17 Tonight on Gotmead Live we’re talking to Alex Gonzalez, owner of Honeypot Meadery in Orange County, CA.
Honeypot isn’t open yet (they plan to open by the end of 2017), but they’re doing custom brews with Frank Golbeck at Golden Coast Mead in San Diego, and just released their first mead. They are one of 5 meaderies in the San Diego area now.
Alex is fond of melomels, and we’ll be talking about his favorite mead style, what they’ve got planned, and his preferred mead making techniques.
Come listen with us and we’ll check out what Alex has to say!
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- May 13 – Blacksnake Mead – Mead, Music and Mountains
- May 20 – Starrlight Mead – Pollinator Day
- St. Ambrose Cellars – Live music every Friday night – Thirsty Thursday (35% off Refills) – Open Mic Nights on Thursdays (6PM)
- Meridian Hive Meadery – last Friday of every month – Board Game Mead Up at the Tasting Room
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 9-19-17 Ryan Making Modern Mead – SNAs, Racking, Stabilizing and Aging - September 19, 2017
- 9-12-17 Ryan Carlson -Making Modern Mead – Yeast and How to Keep it Happy - September 12, 2017
- 9-5-17 Ryan Carlson – Modern Mead Making – Yeast - September 5, 2017