5-24-16 – Yep, did it again. This time, I was out of town almost the entire break, a good bit of it in the mountains with crap connectivity, so I *do* have a weak excuse. (or at least a weak connectivity excuse)
But never fear, we’ve lined up a great series for you, and will give you good show!
This week, we have Bruce Leslie, president of the Texas Mead Association, which also hosts the Texas Meadfest (whaat? there’s a meadfest in Texas? Whoohoooo!! Let’s *go*!)
The Texas Mead Association has been around since 2008, and is there to promote mead in Texas (makes sense). They also host the Texas Meadfest and Competition, now in it’s 5th year.
And Bruce is also owner of Griffin Meadery, in Willis, TX.
On Making Mead-Back to Basics, AJ, Manny and Ryan will be talking about Previous Fermentation Experience coming into meadmaking – A.J. comes from winemaking, Manny is a beer brewer, and Ryan came right into mead, as did Vicky. We’re going to talk about how those experiences colored our meadmaking and approaches. Call in and join us!!
If you want them to tackle your mead making stuff, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Join us, 9PM Eastern tonight!!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ –
- Vicky –
- Jon –
- Manny –
- Ryan –
Show links and notes:
- Texas Mead Association and Meadfest
- Texas Mead Cup – entries open June 1-Sept 1, taking both home and commercial entries.
- Griffin Meadery – Willis, Texas
- Starrlight Meadery – Mead Tastings – multiple dates, go check it out!!!
- Movie Night: Red Desert – Bos Meadery May 25, 2016 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm Tickets: Free
$1 off goblets of mead, and free popcorn!
The Mead Hall opens at 5p, and the movie starts at 7p.
Michelangelo Antonioni’s 1960s panoramas of contemporary alienation were decade-defining artistic events, and Red Desert, his first color film, is perhaps his most epochal.
- 810 Meadworks – The Moonhunters at the Beergarten
- 810 Meadworks – Empire Brewfest– June 10-11
- AHA National Homebrewers Convention – June 9-11
- National Mead Day – Aug 6
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-26-19 Mike Manning – Session Meads, Post Fermentation Flavoring - February 26, 2019
- 2-18-19 Sergio Moutela – Making Beer Style Meads, TOSNA and Mead Made Right - February 19, 2019
- 2-12-2019 Dan McFeeley on the History of Mead and Mead Legends - February 12, 2019