Today we’re talking with Todd, Jhett and Andrew with Leaky Roof Meadery in Buffalo, MO. Leaky Roof got started out of a failed meadery project that the guys were involved with, and the name comes from an association with a nearby railroad and the fact that many of the properties they looked at actually had leaky roofs, lol.
They make a variety of meads, and have an interesting background that we’re going to pull out of them tonight on the show.
On Making Mead-Back to Basics, AJ, Manny and Ryan will be digging into the questions we’ve had coming in. If you want them to tackle your mead making stuff, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM Eastern tonight!!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ –
- Vicky – Hidden Legend Apple Cyser
- Jon –
- Manny –
- Ryan –
Show links and notes:
- Golden Coast Meadery is starting a mead club! Go to http://www.goldencoastmead.com/mead-club to learn more
- B.Nektar Meadery has their Royal Jelly Bottle Club up and running. Find out more at http://www.bnektar.com/royal-jelly-bottle-club-details/
- The Union Township Historical Society will host a mead (honey wine) tasting fundraiser for the Caldwell Parsonage on Sunday, May 15, at 3 p.m. at the Melovino Craft Meadery, 2933 Vauxhall Road, Union. Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the door and includes samples of various flavored meads, cheese and crackers and dessert.The Meadery is located behind the Millburn Mall–take the driveway on either side of the mall to the back parking lot.
The space accommodates just 50 people, so make your reservations early. Mail check (payable to Union Township Historical Society) to Marie Canarelli, 885 Townley Avenue, Union, NJ 07083. Indicate your name and the number of people in your party, For more information, please call 908-687-7468.
- Starrlight Meadery – Mead Tastings – multiple dates, go check it out!!!
- Bee Symposium – May 7 – UC Davis – Conference Center
Our second annual Bee Symposium: Keeping Bees Healthy will be hosted at the UC Davis Conference Center on Saturday, May 7, 2016. Keynote speakers will include Yves Le Conte, Director, French National Bee Lab, Avignon, France and Dennis vanEngelsdorp, Assistant Professor of Entomology at the University of Maryland and project director for the Bee Informed Partnership. Additional speakers include Rachel Vannette and Brian Johnson, Department of Entomology and Nematology, UC Davis and Quinn McFrederick, Department of Entomology, UC Riverside, and Claire Kremen, UC Berkeley and MacArthur Foundation Fellow. More speakers to be announced as they are confirmed. Continental breakfast, lunch and post-event reception included.
- Honey Sensory Experience – May 20-21 – UC Davis – Robert Mondavi Institute
Two days featuring a survey of nature’s perfect sweet!
Taste Honeys from across the Globe!
The essential course for the professional buyer, importer, category manager, producer, packer or anyone who wants to gain expertise in the arena of honey analysis. Over two days, expert teachers will guide participants through a unique tasting and educational odyssey.
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 1-17-17 Gary Ellis – Mad Moose Mead - January 17, 2017
- 1-10-17 Rob Ratliff – Big Book of Mead Recipes and BtB – Polish Meads - January 10, 2017
- 11-29-16 Bob Slanz – NY Beekeeper and Meadmaker – BtB – keeping bees-making mead - November 30, 2016