7-24-18 Tonight we’re talking with Justin LeVaughn, who is the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Officer at Ethereal Brewing in Lexington, KY. Justin does the microbiological and sensory analysis there, and maintains their yeast stocks.
Justin started home brewing beer about 10 years ago in college, and combined his formal biology training with the hobby. He fell into the mead world about 4-5 years ago, and was hooked. His main passions are carbonated session meads and metheglins, but he regularly brews big fruit and spice meads. He loves experimenting with weird flavor combinations, and setting up trails with different flavors. Currently he is planning mixed-fermentation trials in meads and cysers.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- DraughtLab – Sensory Guide for Craft Beer
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- July 28 – Etowah Meadery – Live Music by Lindsey Beth Harper
- August 4 – Hopcat in Royal Oak, MI – Mead Day Celebration
- August 4 – Arizona Mead and Cider Festival– Arizona Mead Co., Arizona Sake Company, Cider Corps, Drinking Horn Meadery, Meridian Hive Meadery, Redstone Meadery, Stoic Cider, Superstition Meadery, Angry Orchard, Blackthorn Cider, Crispin Cider, Magners, Smith and Forge, Woodchuck, Wyders, and more!
- August 4-5 – B.NektarPalooza – International Beer, Cider and Mead Festival
- August 5 – Enlightenment Wines – Mead Day with NY meaderies
- August 25 – Bronto Mead – Weed and Mead Party
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-26-19 Mike Manning – Session Meads, Post Fermentation Flavoring - February 26, 2019
- 2-18-19 Sergio Moutela – Making Beer Style Meads, TOSNA and Mead Made Right - February 19, 2019
- 2-12-2019 Dan McFeeley on the History of Mead and Mead Legends - February 12, 2019