6-19-18 Tonight we’re up to a couple of things. We’re going to do some chat tonight around our to-brew lists, mistakes we’ve learned from, equipment we didn’t know we needed when we got started, and other things.
AND, we’re happy to welcome Fred Minnick, author and speaker. Fred gave the Mead Cocktails talk at the 2018 AMMA MeadCon. Wall Street Journal-bestselling author Fred Minnick loves his bourbon so much that he’s written three books on the subject: Whiskey Women, Bourbon Curious and Bourbon: The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of An American Whiskey, which Smithsonian Magazine recognized as one of the best food books of 2016 and won Tales of the Cocktail’s Spirited Awards’ Best Book. That’s right, bourbon is a food. So is rum. Oh yeah, he wrote Rum Curious, which Atlanta Journal Constitution named one of the best drinks books of 2017. Fully admitting that he has a book writing addiction, Minnick wrote Mead: The Libations, Legends, and Lore of History’s Oldest Drink.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- June 20 – Bos Meadery – Open Jam
- June 20 – Honey Girl Meadery – Bee Bash at the Durham Hotel – Pollinator Week
- June 24 – Rabbits Foot Meadery – Guided Mead and Cheese Pairing
- June 30 – Wild Blossom Meadery – Pace with Mead Bike Ride
- August 4-5 – B.NektarPalooza – International Beer, Cider and Mead Festival
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 1-15-18 Mead Myths Busted – Part 2 with Ryan Carlson - January 15, 2019
- 1-8-19 Ryan on Meadmaking: Myth vs. Science in making good mead - January 8, 2019
- 11-27-18 Kenneth Jenkinson – Savannah Bee - November 27, 2018