6-28-16 GotMead Live is 1 Year Old! June 30 marks our one year anniversary, and we’re tickled to have Ken Schramm back with us. Ken was kind enough to be the first guest on GML last year, and he’s coming back to tell us what’s going on with Schramm’s Mead now, and also to help us talk about using fruit in your mead.
You may not know, but Ken has a small and carefully curated orchard and berry farm on his property in Michigan. And he creates small batch reserve meads from these fruits, such as the legendary Heart of Darkness, a mead made from hand-harvested fruit and always sold out before it even gets into bottles.
So Ken is a bit of a fruit maven. And we’re going to pick his brains on his fruit knowledge. This is going to be good, so tune in and listen!
AJ, Manny and I will be talking about using fruit in your meads with Ken. Got questions? Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Join us, 9PM Eastern Tuesday night!!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ –
- Vicky –
- Manny –
- Ken –
Show links and notes:
- Starrlight Meadery
- July 29th – International Tiger Day! In honor of that day, for the month of July we will be helping out our friends over at Carolina Tiger Rescue! For each tasting or glass of sangria that we sell during the month, we’ll donate $2 to the Tiger Rescue
- July 2-3 – Red, White and Blueberry Celebration – Join us for some special red, white and blueberry sangria all weekend long. Plus, SLUSHIES!
- July 22 – Mead and a Sunset Cruise – Friday, July 22 – Join us, and Captain Don from Triangle Boat Tours, for one of our favorite outings – mead tasting and a 2 hour sunset cruise on Jordan Lake.
- Bos Meadery – multiple artistic events – check in on their calendar for movie nights, art displays and more!
- June 29 – Rashamon – A riveting psychological thriller that investigates the nature of truth and the meaning of justice, Rashomon is widely considered onevcof the greatest films ever made.
- July 2 – Mark Lint’s Dry Folk – Madisonian Mark Linsenmayer, veteran front-man of local bands Madison Lint (2001-2004) and New People (2006-2013) and host of two nationally reknowned podcasts, The Partially Examined Life and Nakedly Examined Music,
- July 9 – Daniel Mortensen – Daniel Mortensen has been playing guitar and harp for over 30 years to illustrious audiences such as His Dog and The Sofa.
- July 14 – Cam and Ellie Kennedy – presentations of original songs and selected covers, and their sound is filled with great voices, acoustic guitars, and multiple layers.
- July 15 – Matt Deblass – An evening of acoustic folk music performed with Celtic harp, voice, mandolin and other instruments.
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- Honey Moon Mead – multiple events and open mic every Wednesday night
- B.Nektar Events:
- July 1st – *Tasting event* Riverside Liquors in Grand Rapids
- July 9th – Detroit Beer Book – Author signing at the B. Nekar Taproom
- July 15th-17th – Pig & Whiskey Event in Ferndale
- July 15th – *Tasting event* D. Schulers in Wyoming, MI
- July 16th – Motor City Furry Con event – An evening at B. Nektar
- July 19th – #WeAreOrlando Fundraiser at the B. Nektar Taproom (50% of sales to be donated to the Pulse Victims Fund)
- July 22nd-23rd – Michigan Summer Beer Fest in Ypsilanti
- July 22nd – *Tasting event* Mega Bev in Kalamazoo
- July 23rd – *Tasting event* Under The Vines in Grand Rapids
- July 29th – Corks For Conservation at Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek
- National Mead Day – Aug 6
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- California Master Beekeeping Course – Sept 11 and 18
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 4-25-17 Australia Month Week 4 – Joel Robinson – Hunter and the Harp - April 25, 2017
- 4-18-17 Australia Week 3 – Sueann Allworden – Thistle Meadery - April 18, 2017
- 4-11-17 Australia Week 2 – Sean Johnson – Erosion Meadery - April 11, 2017