6-5-18 Tonight Ryan is going to tackle one of the tougher aspects of mead making, creating a balanced end result.
Meadmaking is really about making a good balance of ingredients. Once we can produce clean mead without any faults, ( and that’s pretty easy with a little knowledge) it becomes an art form. Much like being a food master.
So we’re asking you to call us at 803-443-6323 to ask your questions on air, or join us in our live chat to tell us about your mead so Ryan can help out. There are many ways to achieve a specific desire. But everything we do interacts with the other parts of the process. So this is why it’s not easily taught, it’s an art more than a skill. But after enough understanding of how things mesh, you start to realize some of the moves we make help several things at the same time.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- June 7 – Bos Meadery – Comedy at the Meadery
- June 10 – Schramm’s Mead – Mead and Cheese Pairing Event
- June 16 – Groennfell Meadery – Asian Influence – A Traditional Renaissance Feast
- June 18 – Superstition Mead vs Bottle Logic Pairing (a Mikkeller event at Mikkeller bar NTDA)
- June 24 – Rabbits Foot Meadery – Guided Mead and Cheese Pairing
- August 4-5 – B.NektarPalooza – International Beer, Cider and Mead Festival
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 4-16-19 – Steve Patik on Braggots - April 16, 2019
- 4-2-19 Scot Schaar and Bob Slanzi – Polish Mead (and Polish Passports) - April 2, 2019
- 3-26-19 Jon Oppegaard – Oppegaard Meadery – Mead in the PNW (and Taco Mead) - March 26, 2019