6-6-17 Tonight we’re looking forward to talking with Tom Repas. Tom is a soft-spoken guy, and seems quiet and retiring. What you don’t know is that a mead making *beast* lurks under that deceptive exterior. Tom is a two-time Best in Show winner at the Mazer Cup International Home Competition in 2015 and 2017. He came in 2nd and 3rd for Best in Show at the Mead Free or Die in 2016 and 2017. He’s a BJCP Mead Judge. And he’s a Master Beekeeper. Plus, he’s a doctor in his ‘real life’. We’re wondering if he sleeps. Guess we’ll have to ask, lol.
Tom is going to talk with us about mead making and beekeeping both, and we expect to ramble all over the place. So grab a bottle of mead, a glass, and a comfy chair, and we’ll see what he has to say!
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Oak and Mead – Petar Bakulic
- Titrets sulfite testing kit
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- St. Ambrose Cellars – Live music every Friday night – Thirsty Thursday (35% off Refills) – Open Mic Nights on Thursdays (6PM)
- Meridian Hive Meadery – last Friday of every month – Board Game Mead Up at the Tasting Room
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-13-18 AMMA Showcase: Greg Heller-LaBelle – TTB and Chrissie Zaerpoor – Mead and Food Pairing - February 13, 2018
- 2-6-18 AMMA Speaker Showcase – Carvin Wilson – Techniques for Fruit Additions in Meads - February 6, 2018
- 1/30/18 AMMA Speaker Showcase: Diane Currier – Honeygirl Meadery – Solopreneur, Going it Alone to Start a Meadery - January 30, 2018