6-7-2016 We are off to the Great White North! This episode we will be talking with John Bryans, owner of Munro Honey and Mead in Ontario, Canada (finally A.J. gets the mead!!).
Munro Honey has been in operation for over 100 years, and currently has over 3000 hives operational. In 2000 they started making mead, and have since taken many medals, both in North America and world-wide. Their mead is just a part of their world, though, and as Canada requires their meaderies to keep their own hives, they sell a *lot* of honey, to businesses large and small.
We’re tickled to have John on the show, and look forward to his insights not just in mead, but in honey, and the beekeeping world. This should be a good one!!
On Making Mead-Back to Basics, we will be talking about honey varieties, and how it affects your mead, your recipes, and even what to use when. Check in and see what happens! Call in and join us!! Our number is 803-443-MEAD (6323), I’ll be watching for your call!!
If you want them to tackle your mead making stuff, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Join us, 9PM Eastern Tuesday night!!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ –
- Vicky –
- Ryan –
- Manny –
- John Bryans –
Show links and notes:
- Starrlight Meadery – Mead Tastings – multiple dates, go check it out!!!
- 810 Meadworks – Empire Brewfest– June 10-11
- Bos Meadery – multiple artistic events – check in on their calendar for movie nights, art displays and more!
- AHA National Homebrewers Convention – June 9-11
- Texas Meadworks – Blue Lotus Winery Chili Cook Off – June 11
- Vino Salida – FYI for Kids Sake Wine Tasting – June 11
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers – Practical Fermentation Science – The Art of Making Mead – June 14
- Groenfell Meadery – ‘Guy Reads’ Book Club – June 15
- B.Nektar – Death Unicorn release party – June 25
- National Mead Day – Aug 6
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 6-19-18 To Brew Lists, Mistakes We’ve Learned From | Fred Minnick – author of Mead: The Libations, Legends and Lore and speaker on Mead Cocktails - June 19, 2018
- 6-12-18 Raphael Lyon – Enlightenment Wines – Making Natural (Wild) Meads - June 12, 2018
- 6-5-18 Ryan’s Rants – Balancing Your Mead - June 5, 2018