7-17-18 We’re baaccckkk!! Tonight we have on the show Alison Heath, owner of Apothecary Mead in Sherwood Forest (yes, that one) in the UK.
Alison is the first female commercial meadery owner in the UK, and her meadery is a small artisan business, making cold-fermented mead over time. Her operation is on the historic Welbeck Estate in North Notthinghamshire.
Alison is huge into recycling her mead materials, and uses miminal electricity, and is also a beekeeper, so her meadery operation is very green.
Alison is also co-founder of the British Mead Makers Asociation, and a co-founder of the Mead Maidens’ Facebook group, set up to give female mead makers a place to congregate.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- July 18 – Bos Meadery – Open Jam
- July 22 – Queensland, AU – 1st Mead Up!
- August 4-5 – B.NektarPalooza – International Beer, Cider and Mead Festival
- August 5 – Enlightenment Wines – Mead Day with NY meaderies
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 11-27-18 Kenneth Jenkinson – Savannah Bee - November 27, 2018
- The Newbee Guide to Making Mead - November 27, 2018
- The Newbee Guide to Making Mead – Chapter 1:What is Mead? - November 27, 2018