7-18-17 Tonight we’re talking with Scott Schaar, 2017 NHC Meadmaker of the Year.
Scott and his wife Karen were watching a viking movie in about 2000, and they were drinking mead in the movie. Scott and Karen were intrigued, so they hunted down a commercial mead to try. They decided that it was pretty interesting, but thought they could make a better mead themselves. The result was raspberry mead on the ceiling, and they were hooked!
Come hang out with us tonight while we talk with Scott about the meads he’s made, and what he’s learned in 17 years of making meads.
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Bladderwrack Seaweed – http://www.seaweed.ie/descriptions/fucus_vesiculosus.php
- Vanilla Beans – Beanilla
- Entries are open for competition at the Eltham and District Wine Guild
- Oak and Mead – Petar Bakulic
- Titrets sulfite testing kit
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- St. Ambrose Cellars – Live music every Friday night – Thirsty Thursday (35% off Refills) – Open Mic Nights on Thursdays (6PM)
- Meridian Hive Meadery – last Friday of every month – Board Game Mead Up at the Tasting Room
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-13-18 AMMA Showcase: Greg Heller-LaBelle – TTB and Chrissie Zaerpoor – Mead and Food Pairing - February 13, 2018
- 2-6-18 AMMA Speaker Showcase – Carvin Wilson – Techniques for Fruit Additions in Meads - February 6, 2018
- 1/30/18 AMMA Speaker Showcase: Diane Currier – Honeygirl Meadery – Solopreneur, Going it Alone to Start a Meadery - January 30, 2018