8-16-16 Today we’re talking with Deborah Lee, owner of Queen Bee Brews in Denver, CO, which is opening THIS WEEKEND on August 20!!
Started by Deborah Lee, a homebrewer since 2003, she got tired of the 40 odd carboys in residence and needed to re-gain some elbow room. She had been encouraged by many folks for several years to make the leap to pro and she finally listened.
Deborah worked part-time at her local homebrew shop for 5 years and started keeping bees in 2009. She has presented mead making classes to local beekeepers, homebrew store employees, and their customers.
On Back to Basics, AJ, Manny and I will be talking about traditional meads with Deborah from Queen Bee Brews. What to use, when, and in what meads.
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Note: We lost the broadcast last week at about 10:36 due to nasty storms in the area, but were also recording offline. We are in the process of cutting and pasting various bits together and hope to have the updated recording up in the next day or so. We hoped for last week, but jobs, timing and internet issues here at the GM Studios got in the way.
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ –
- Vicky – Cellarmans Mead-Moscow Miel – tastes like a Moscow Mule, only it’s mead!!
- Manny –
- Deborah –
Show links and notes:
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- California Master Beekeeping Course – Sept 11 and 18
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-21-17 Shauna LeFave – Mythic Mead – Filtration, Cold Crashing and Mead without Added Sulfites - February 21, 2017
- 2-14-17 Southwestern Mead Local Sourcing – Greg Menke – Falcon Mead - February 14, 2017
- 2-7-17 Creating Award Winning Meads without Aging – Billy Beltz – Lost Cause Meadery - February 7, 2017