8-23-16 Buzzed Bee Meadery in Iowa
Buzzed Bee Meadery got started as a decision between bees and chickens. Thank goodness the bees won! Years ago, Wayne Spohnheimer and his wife Michelle got interested in bees and honey. And Wayne got interested in mead. Fast forward several years, and Buzzed Bee Meadery is opening in September of this year, near Melbourne, Iowa, just 30 minutes from Des Moines.
They are coming out of the gate with seven meads, including their best seller, Sweet Bee Lemon Melomel.
They will also be staying on with us as we talk about berry melomels in Back to Basics, with myself, AJ, Manny and Hamish. Come join us to talk mead!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Note: We lost the broadcast last week at about 10:36 due to nasty storms in the area, but were also recording offline. We are in the process of cutting and pasting various bits together and hope to have the updated recording up in the next day or so. We hoped for last week, but jobs, timing and internet issues here at the GM Studios got in the way.
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ –
- Vicky – Cellarmans Mead-Moscow Miel – tastes like a Moscow Mule, only it’s mead!!
- Manny –
- Deborah –
Show links and notes:
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- California Master Beekeeping Course – Sept 11 and 18
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-26-19 Mike Manning – Session Meads, Post Fermentation Flavoring - February 26, 2019
- 2-18-19 Sergio Moutela – Making Beer Style Meads, TOSNA and Mead Made Right - February 19, 2019
- 2-12-2019 Dan McFeeley on the History of Mead and Mead Legends - February 12, 2019