9-11-18 Today we’re getting together with Thomas Hubbe, co-owner of Bee Seasonal, a purveyor of Brazilian Honey.
Thomas and Larissa founded Bee Seasonal because they love honey. Larissa noticed that in Europe, they routinely stock seasonal honeys from around the world, but in the US, not so much. So she and Thomas set out to rectify this.
Their mission is to source organic honeys from beekeepers devoted to their bees, their communities and the land. They want to generate transparency by connecting consumers to producers, educating people about sustainable farming practices and the places where the honeys come from.
They are sourcing and packing and distributing several Brazilian honeys that are sustainably sourced, and minimally processed. They are very tasty honeys, Bee Seasonal had a table at the 2018 MeadCon, and did tastings of all their honey, it’s very good, and has exotic flavors you don’t often see here in the US.
We will also have with us Tom Repas, who is an award winning meadmaker (multiple perfect scores at the Mazer Cup) , a nationally recognized beekeeper and teacher, and an accomplished farmer. Tom will be our guest host this evening, as our resident honey expert, and because hey, honey, right? (And we just like Tom a lot).
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- DraughtLab – Sensory Guide for Craft Beer
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Sept 12 – Buzzed Bee Meadery – O.W.L.S. “Buzzed Bee Meadery” Program
- Sept 22 – Starrlight Meadery – Mead Day Celebration and Fall Festival
- Sept 23 – Black’s Fairy Meadery – Pickle and Pints
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-26-19 Mike Manning – Session Meads, Post Fermentation Flavoring - February 26, 2019
- 2-18-19 Sergio Moutela – Making Beer Style Meads, TOSNA and Mead Made Right - February 19, 2019
- 2-12-2019 Dan McFeeley on the History of Mead and Mead Legends - February 12, 2019