9-18-18 We’re headed up to Pennsylvania tonight, to talk with Scott Neeley, head meadmaker at Kingview Meadery.
Scott has been making mead since 2011, and did a lot of work at it, until he began to enter competitions in 2015. He has since picked up a number of medals, and a couple BoS medals. He ended up starting a meadery after visiting a number of meaderies around PA and OH, and as a man of German descent, and a lover of bees, felt it was the right move for him to make.
Scott is adamant about using cold fermenting, and fresh ingredients, having decided not to employ flavorings. Currently, they have 19 meads available, several of which have taken medals in large competitions, including one at the Mazer Cup.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- DraughtLab – Sensory Guide for Craft Beer
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Sept 21-23 Unpossible Mead – Unsoft Opening at Dwight Harvest Days Festival
- Sept 22 – Starrlight Meadery – Mead Day Celebration and Fall Festival
- Sept 23 – Black’s Fairy Meadery – Pickle and Pints
- Sept 25 – Honeymoon Meadery – True Stories Told Live
- Sept 25 – 7C’s Meadfest – Missouri
- Sept 28 – Apis Meadery – Caramel Apple Release Party
- Sept 29 – Orchid Cellar Meadery – Craft Beverage Festival at Red Heifer Winery
- Nov 17 – Bos Meadery – Progressive Dinner
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 4-23-19 Gary Gordon – Breaking Brew Meadery – Texas - April 23, 2019
- 4-16-19 – Steve Patik on Braggots - April 16, 2019
- 4-2-19 Scot Schaar and Bob Slanzi – Polish Mead (and Polish Passports) - April 2, 2019