9-20-16 – Today we’re talking with Jeremy Kyncl, owner of Hierophant Meadery in Mead, WA. Jeremy and his wife Michelle have a background in herbs and are focused on local-sourcing their mead ingredients and creating a uniquely local product.
They love the ‘back-to-nature’ aspects of mead making, and all the nuances that plants can add to the mix at various stages of growth. We expect to see some unique meads from them!
On Back to Basics, Jeremy will be staying on to talk with AJ, Manny, Hamish and I about metheglins. Adding spices and plants to meads is a tradition that goes back as far as mead has been recorded, and the options are limitless. We’ll be talking about what works, techniques and some interesting flavor combinations.
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ – Dave’s Bochet… and then the rest of CDB’s #3 White Sour
- Vicky – water tonight
- Manny – water too because he got hit by the Kracken
- Hamish – breakfast and coffee
- Jeremy –
Show links and notes:
- Historical metheglins – A Sip Through Time by Cindy Renfrow
- Doing your research on herbs – Google Scholar
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- Texas Mead Fest – September 24
- Orpheus Mead Fest – Colorado – Oct 1 – entry cut off 9-16
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-12-2019 Dan McFeeley on the History of Mead and Mead Legends - February 12, 2019
- 2-5-19 Michael Fairbrother – Mead Distribution and Making Braggots and Ciders - February 5, 2019
- 1-29-19 Steve Patik – The Great Yeast Test Experiment – Making mead - January 29, 2019