1-19-21 Tonight at 9PM EST we’re getting together with Margot Phelps and the Maidmakers at Ancient Fire Cider and Mead in Manchester, NH.
The Maidmakers series began in Early 2020 and was the idea of the AF team which, with the exception of Jason, is made up entirely of strong, passionate and smart women. The idea was to get their team more involved in the process of making the products that they were serving in the taproom. The AF women came to work, and stayed to learn meadmaking and got involved in the process at the meadery.
The first release was “SHE-nanigans” a key lime pie inspired draft mead which debuted on Valentine’s weekend. The release weekend turned into one of the busiest weekends in AF history and the women of AF were thrilled to be serving their product to happy customers SHE-nanigans has been produced a second time since its release and remains a customer favorite. In 2020 there were two additional MaidMakers releases: “Colada Love” a pineapple and toasted coconut draft mead and “Gingy’s Juice” a gingerbread inspired draft mead with cinnamon, allspice, ginger and avocado and buckwheat honey. The next release will be in Q1 of 2021 “Am I Right” will be an amaretto inspired draft mead featuring hints of cherry and vanilla.
Join us on the live chat and don’t be afraid to call in if you want to!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.[break] [break]Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online! 9PM EDT/6PM PDT Join us on live chat during the show Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
- Feb 2 – Tom Repas – Beyond Secondary – Stabilization, acid balancing and backsweetening
Show links and notes
- Top, Middle and Base Notes: A Comprehensive List
- The Herbal Medicine Maker’s Handbook: A Home Manual – James Green and Ajana
- Food Pairing website
- The Flavor Bible
- The Flavor Matrix – the Art and Science of Pairing Common Ingredients to Create Extrordinary Dishes
- On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen
- Closet of Sir Kenelm Digby Unlock’d – Historical mead recipes
- Wellcome Mead by Laura Angotti
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Take part in Kevin Meintsma’s Hydromel Study – email email@example.com and he’ll send you questions
- Jan 20 – Viking Alchemist Meadery, Smyrna, GA – Yoga and Mead
- Jan 22 – Honnibrook Meadery, Castle Rock, CO – Live Music with Scott Brown
- Jan 22 – Viking Alchemist Meadery, Smyrna, GA – Team Trivia
- Jan 22 – Etowah Meadery, Dahlonega, GA – Live Music with Chris Wayne
- Jan 24 – Viking Alchemist Meadery, Snyrna, GA – Dungeons and Dragons
- Jan 29 – Honnibrook Meadery, Castle Rock, CO – Live Music with Paul Frost
- Jan 29 – Wandering Bard Meadery, Greenville, SC – Live Music with Chris Wayne
- Jan 29 – McAlpine Meadery, Beach City, OH – Online live music with Slap Fiasco, Loss of Memory and Jonny Bennett
- Feb 6 – Domras Cup, Savannah, GA – third round of judging
- Feb 6 – McAlpine Meadery, Beach City, OH – Online live music with Final Chapter
- Feb 6 – Empire State Honey Producers Association Winter Conference
- Feb 13 – Etowah Meadery, Dahlonega, GA – online live music with Chad Bowmar
- Feb 13 – Rohan Meadery, La Grange, TX – Music with J&B Duo
- Feb 14 – Etowah Meadery, Dahlonega, GA – online live music with Ryan LittleEagle
- Feb 22 – Group Brew Day (online) set up by Michael Jordan
- Feb 25 – Upper Reach Meadery, Perkasie, PA – Online event – Cabot Cheese Tutored Tasting
- Feb 27-28 – Vermont Winter Renaissance Faire, Essex, VT- Artesano Mead, Groenfell Meadery and Sticky Paws Meadery will be pouring there
- You can buy mead online at https://shopmeads.com
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
- 2-23-21 Dustin Deisher and Jeff Anderson – Bench Trials & Adjustments - February 23, 2021
- 2-2-21 Tom Repas – Mead in Secondary, Stabilizing, Backsweetening, Clarification, Adjuncts - February 2, 2021
- 1-19-21 Margot Phelps and the Maidmakers – Ancient Fire Mead - January 19, 2021