10-12-21 We’re headed to Baltimore, where we’ll catch up with James Boicourt, founder and owner of Charm City Meadworks.
James began making mead back in college (NC State) around 2004, after taking a great class on introductory beekeeping. He was already trying out homebrewing, and got so interested in beekeeping and entomology that he ended up taking a graduate level bee class. What else was a college kid going to do with a bunch of surplus honey anyhow? Of course he fermented it. It seemed like a great idea for a business someday, as there was very little available anywhere at that time, and when you could find or order it, choices were usually very limited.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.[break] [break]Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
Honnibrook Craft Meadery. Rated the very best winery in Colorado! Visit our state-of-the-art meadery and tasting room south of downtown Castle Rock, Colorado, in a converted man cave. Mention the Got Mead Podcast this month for a free draft taster! Google H-O-N-N-I Brook for hours and directions. They love visitors! www.honnibrook.com
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online! 9PM EDT/6PM PDT Join us on live chat during the show Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
- October 26 – Yancy Bodenstein – Clear Skies Mead
- November 9 – Wendy Rohan – Rohan Mead
- November 23 – Steve at Experimeads
Show links and notes
- Oct 14 – Capital Hive Meadery, Leesburg, VA – October Mead Up
- Oct 14 – Wildflyer Mead Co, Navasota, TX – Adult Coloring Night
- Oct 14 – Victory or Valhalla, Dixon, CA – Ax throwing venue is hosting a mead making class
- Oct 16 – Starrlight Meadery, Pittsboro, NC – NC Wine Festival at Koka Booth Amphitheater in Cary, NC
- Oct 16 – Cape Town Mead Company, Maitland, Cape Town, South Africa – Mead Tasting
- Oct 1-31 – Humblebee Meadery, BC, Canada – Huck it in the Bucket: A month-long special promoting HumbleBee Meadery and Axewood Axe Throwing at the Whistler Racket Club’s Courtside Cafe, Patio, and Bar
- Oct 16 – Michigan Mead Cup – Awards Ceremony – 5PM ET
- Oct 16 – Bos Mead Hall, Madison, WI – Mad Laughs: Stand up Compedy and Mead
- Oct 17 – Skål Beer Hall, Seattle, WA – Fall Mead Festival, featuring Æsir Meadery – Everett, WA, Artivem Mead – Bellingham, WA, Ethereal Mead – Battleground, WA, Hierophant Mead – Freeland, WA, KVLT Mead – Tacoma, WA, Oppegaard Meadery – Tukwila, WA
- Oct 21 – AMMA Mead Matters – Honey Tasting with Z Specialty Food
- Oct 23 – Wandering Bard Meadery, Greenville, SC – Advanced Mead Making Class
- Oct 30 – Maryland Beer, Wine and Spirits Festival – Clear Skies Meadery, Maryland Meadworks and the Buzz Meadery will be pouring
- Oct 30 – Viking Alchemist Meadery, Smyrna, GA – Mead and Mischief
- Nov 6 – Suwanee Wine Fest, Suwanee, GA – featuring Etowah Meadery from Dahlonoga, GA
- Nov 6 – Wandering Bard Meadery, Greenville, SC – Beginning Mead Making Class
- Nov 9 – Oppegaard Meadery, Tukwila, WA – Mead Making Class – everything provided!
- You can buy mead online at https://shopmeads.com
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
- 1-18-22 Cathy and Mike Rape – The Ferm Meadery in Conroe, TX - January 18, 2022
- 11-23-21 Stephen at Experimeads – SCIENCE of Meadmaking - November 23, 2021
- 11-9-21 Rohan Meadery – Wendy Rohan and Rosie Haines – Mead is big in Texas - November 8, 2021