10-8-19 We’re talking tonight with Adam Crockett, owner of Haymaker Meadery. Before starting Haymaker in 2015, Adam worked in the barrel industry for 4 years selling barrels to breweries, wineries, and meaderies all over the US and Canada.
He has worked with large breweries like Allagash and Jolly Pumpkin and small local breweries in every corner. He has worked directly with distilleries and wineries to provide the best barrels available. He has helped many breweries build up their barrel program and has helped a number of breweries win GABF medals because of his barrel knowledge.
Join us on the live chat and don’t be afraid to call in if you want to!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.[break] [break]Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online! 9PM EDT/6PM PDT Join us on live chat during the show Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Scott Labs 2019 Yeast Book
- Scott Labs searchable yeast selection
- Sure lie and Bâtonnage (lees contact and stirring)
- Sur Lie additive
- SO2 Management
- SO2 Management Protocols
- Acuvin Quick SO2 test
- Evoak – Oak Solutions
- Black Swan Barrels (exotic woods)
- Ethiopian Spice Market (for gesho)
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Are You Afraid of the Rum: And Other Cocktails for 90’s Kids by Sam Slaughter
- Oct 11 – Rushford Meadery and Winery – Card Making Technique Class
- Oct 12-13 – Stonekeep Meadery – Artisan Wine and Cheese pairing weekends
- Oct 12 – Black Heath Meadery – National Farmers Day – DJ, guest beer taps and mead!
- Oct 12 – Etowah Meadery – Etowah Turns 2!
- Oct 12 – Honey Pot Meadery – Batch 2 of Bruiseberry releases
- Oct 16 – Threadbare Cider and Mead – Fall Owl Cafe to benefit Human Animal Rescue
- Oct 16 – Superstition Meadery – 5 Course Mead dinner at Lovecraft – New Mexican feast
- Oct 18 – Woodstone Creek Winery and Distillery – Friday Night Flight – Wine, Mead and Spirits
- Oct 18 – Toledo Cider Fest – Crafted Artisan Meadery and Four Fires Meadery will be there
- Oct 19-20 Bearded Bee Meadery – releasing their first mead at the Timeline Festival at Kryal Castle in Ballarat
- Oct 18 – House Bear Brewing – Paint Night
- Oct 19 – Texas Mead Fest
- Oct 19 – Michigan Mead Cup
- Oct 19 – Starrlight Meadery – Beginning Home Mead Making Class
- Oct 25 – B. Nektar Meadery – Stranger Things Themed Trivia Night
- Oct 25 – Superstition Meadery – Free Mead Tasting at VU Bistro and Phosphenes Duo Performs!
- Oct 26-27 Festina Lente – Hallow-Wine treats
- Oct 27 – Enlightenment Wines – Sunday School – Brooklyn Survival 101: How to Escape to Safety or Hunker Down During a Brooklyn Emergency
- Oct 26 – Haley’s Honey Meadery – Wicked Halloween Party and Tarot Readings
- Nov 2 – Bos Meadery – Common Chords concert
- Nov 5 – Orchid Cellars – Guided Mead Tasting event
- Nov 9 – Victorian Mead Makers Meet Up at Firkin Cellars in Morwell
- Nov 27 – Brothers Drake Meadery – Jazz Wednesday with Ryan Folger
- Dec 6 – Tugwell Creek Honey Farm – Pinot Girls Series: Honey and Mead
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
- 9-26-23 Ali and Shane Fox – Dragon Meadery, Colorado - September 26, 2023
- 9-12-23 Don Miller – Texas Rivers Distilling, Freeport, TX - September 12, 2023
- 9-5-23 Kent Slaymaker – Slaymaker Cellars, Idaho Springs, CO - September 5, 2023