11-13-18 OK, so recipes are taking longer to do than we had in one show, lol. Last show we went down multiple rabbit holes of mead making ideas from questions from the chat gang, so we’re back this week with Recipes, Part 2.
We promise to stay on target this week. No, really!
Making mead is as simple, or as complicated as you’d like it to be. And recipes are the same. Making mead is like cooking, only liquid. So the flavors you like, the flavors you want, that is your basis for creating the bomb mead recipe. But how to do that? What tools and processes can you use to make this easier? Are there some base ideas to start with, other than honey, water and yeast?
All this and more tonight, when we talk recipes with Ryan. Come on and join us!
Click the chat link below to join us live, and ask questions for Pete!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Finding yeasts
- Sur lie and bâtonnage – Ben Rotter
- Guide to SO2 Management – MoreWine
- Backsweetening and Stabilization Spreadsheet
- Oak Infusion Spirals
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Nov 16 – Groenfell Meadery – Wreaking Havoc Comedy Night
- Nov 17 – Schramm’s Mead – NICU Benefit Lunch
- Nov 17 – Bos Meadery – Progressive Dinner
- Nov 18 – Wild Blossom Meadery – Food and Mead Pairing
- Nov 21 – 810 MeadWorks – Han Solo Season Release with DJ/JT
- Dec 1 – Honey Girl Meadery – Mead and Nut Butter pairings
- Dec 13 – The Colony Meadery – Mead and Cheese Pairing at Big Spoon Roasters
- Dec 16 – SoLu Winery and Meadery – Kyle Feerick Trio
- January 19 – Meadery Bus Tour in Royal Oak, MI
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
- 10-26-21 Yancy Bodenstein, Manisha Eigner and Jacob Latour – Clear Skies Meadery – home mead going pro - October 26, 2021
- 10-12-21 James Boicourt – Charm City Meadworks – Session Meads – on the Dry Side - October 12, 2021
- 9-28-21 Bob Slanzi – Making Mead, Rescuing a Mead, Saving a Meadery - September 28, 2021