7-14-17 So now that we have a good idea on how to employ modern science to make the best mead possible in very short order. I thought it might be a good time to explore how to massage our meads on the other end of the spectrum, once the science piece is finished, so they can become the best they can be. Almost never is a mead finished straight out of the fermentation process.
Anyone can read a recipe, but it takes more than that to coerce several parts of the equation into a something beyond good. Were talking about turning something from good, into great. It’s not something that comes quickly for most. But, never the less with some understanding of the different parts of the equation. And seeing how different pieces contribute to the whole. With a good bit of practice. And a little bit of luck. We can begin to understand how we can work towards having a balanced finished product. Where every part contributes to the whole experience.
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- The Art of Mead and Food Pairing by Chrissie Manion Zarpoor
- Oaking Your Mead – Ryan Carlson
- Waterless Silicon Ventilating Bungs (from the chat) –
- Radical Brewing: Recipes, Tales and World-Altering Meditations in a Glass by Steve Mosher
- Designing Great Beers: The Ultimate Guide to Brewing Classic Beer Styles by Ray Daniels
- The Flavor Bible
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- November 16 Bos Meadery – John Hitchcock’s 50th Birthday Party
- November 17 St. Ambrose Winery – Afredo Improv
- November 18 St. Ambrose Winery – Dale Wicks
- November 18-19 Starrlight Meadery – Get Ready for Turkey Day – food pairing ideas and tasting
- November 18 Charm City Meadworks – Tap Room Grand Opening – 16 meads on tap!
- November 18 – Eltham and District Winemakers Show
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.