Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
11-27-18 Tonight we are talking with Kenneth Jenkinson, manager at Savannah Bee Company and fellow mead maker.
Kenneth is heavily involved with the Savannah Brewers Club, works on the Domras Cup competition. He’s an avid meadmaker, and is very passionate about mead and honey. Especially honey.
Savannah Bee Company strives to live as bees live: symbiotically with nature and in a manner that contributes positively to the world around us.
Savannah Bee Company grew out of Ted’s passion for bees, beekeeping and honey. They carry several honey varietals, including some rarer ones like desert wildflower, tupelo and sourwood. They have an in-house mead and carry several other meadery’s products as well. And they have lots of beeswax goodies, beauty products and of course, a tasting bar for their mead and honeys.
I went to their Broughton St. location last weekend, and it was pretty cool, in a neat old building with high ceilings and lots of wood. We tasted all the meads and honeys, and ended up picking up several of the meads.
Click the chat link below to join us live.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Join us on live chat during the show
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Finding yeasts
- Crush2Cellar (thanks Carvin!)
- Sur lie and bâtonnage – Ben Rotter
- Guide to SO2 Management – MoreWine
- Backsweetening and Stabilization Spreadsheet
- Oak Infusion Spirals
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Dec 1 – Schramm’s Mead Holiday Gala
- Dec 1 – Honey Girl Meadery – Mead and Nut Butter pairings
- Dec 1 – Meridian Hive – Mead and cheese pairing
- Dec 8 – Starrlight Meadery – A Very Fairy Christmas
- Dec 8 – Threadbare Mead and Cider – Santa Visits the Meadery
- Dec 13 – The Colony Meadery – Mead and Cheese Pairing at Big Spoon Roasters
- Dec 14 – Brothers Drake Meadery – Zake Compston Big Band
- Dec 16 – SoLu Winery and Meadery – Kyle Feerick Trio
- Dec 15 – Blacksnake Meadery – Mead and Feed at Black Dog Salvage for Feeding America Southwest VA
- Dec 22 – Laughing Dragon Meadery – Yule Feast
- January 19 – Meadery Bus Tour in Royal Oak, MI
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
- 11-29-22 Manny Elgarresta – Meadmaker – and the Great Keys Honey Giveaway - November 29, 2022
- 11-15-22 Lucas Goucher and Carson Souza – Obscurity Brewing and Mead – Elburn IL - November 15, 2022
- 11-1-2022 – Chad Wiltz – Garagiste Meadery – Tampa FL - November 1, 2022