2-18-19 We’re back to featuring MeadCon speakers. Tonight is Sergio Moutela, owner of Melovino Meadery in New Jersey. Sergio is an accomplished meadmaker, and will be speaking at the MeadCon on Making Beer Styled Meads.
Sergio has been pushing the boundaries of many mead styles, one of my favorites is Peachy Palmer, a lemon-tea session mead that is so refreshing and tasty, you’ll find yourself drinking too much of it!
Sergio is also the creator of the MeadMadeRight website and the TOSNA fermentation technique, as well as a calculator and now the MeadMadeRight podcast.
And Sergio is president of the American Mead Makers Association. As president he’s been very busy working to expand AMMA support to the mead world, for both home and professional meadmakers.
We’ll find out more about Sergio’s talk at the MeadCon, dig into TOSNA and what he’s doing with the yeast feeding protocol, and look at what’s he’s working on to further refine yeast management.
Click the chat link to join us in the live conversation during the show.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- February 22 – Threadbare Cider and Mead – Northside Mardi Gras Kickoff Happy Hour
- February 23 – Valhalla Meadery – Mead-Ieval Fund Raiser
- February 23 – Vino Salida – Music with Joan Lobeck
- February 23 – Honey Pot Meadery – Hops and Hounds Charity Event
- February 24 – Enlightenment Wines – Brutall!! Wine Tasting
- March 2 – Wild Blossom Meadery and Winery – Mardi Gras Silent Day Party
- March 3 – Heidrun Meadery – Crabfest
- March 12-14 – American Mead Makers Association MeadCon and Trade Show
- March 14-16 – Mazer Cup International Mead Competition and Mead Mixer Mead Tasting
- March 30 – Starrlight Mead – Intermediate Mead Making Class
- March 30 – Southern California Mead Alliance – Off Flavors Sensory Training
- April 5-6 – The Colony Meadery – Spring Wine Festival at Bear Creek
- April 6 – Meridian Hive Meadery – Run for Mead
- June 1 – Warped Pours II – Pour Harder – Metro South Homebrew League Homebrew Festival
- July 27 – Orcas Island Cider and Mead Festival
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.