2-4-20 Tonight at 9PM Eastern we’re talking with Keith Seiz, who works with the National Honey Board, and he’ll be speaking on Mead Perceptions; On Consumers and Mead Makers at the AMMA MeadCon in Broomfield, CO March 17-19.
He’ll be talking on whether consumer perceptions of mead match mead maker perceptions. The National Honey Board set out to find the answer to this question and more. This seminar will detail the findings of two surveys the National Honey Board Conducted with consumers and mead makers focused on the marketing of mead. Are mead makers aligned with consumer perceptions or is there a disconnect? At the seminar he’ll answer this question and offer ideas on how to position mead based on what consumers are looking for in alcoholic beverages in 2020 and beyond.
For the last nine years, Keith has worked with the National Honey Board to promote honey usage in foods, beverages and alcoholic programs. As part of his work, Keith has conducted countless Honey Summits with food and beverage manufacturers, and managed national competitions in the beer, spirits and most recently, mead category.
Keith got his professional start in food, writing about the wholesale baking industry. Today, he spends most of his professional time traveling the country educating large food and beverage manufacturers about honey and honey bees.
Join us on the live chat and don’t be afraid to call in if you want to!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online! 9PM EDT/6PM PDT Join us on live chat during the show Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
- February 18 – Marina Marchese – Honey Sommelier
Show links and notes
- National Honey Board Mead Crafter Compeitition
- Penn Herb Co
- San Francisco Herbs
- Wellcome Mead: 105 Mead Recipes from the 17th and 18th Century English Receipt Books at the Wellcome Library by Laura Angotti
- Cider and Perry in Britain to 1700: A Collection of Material from Primary and Selected Secondary Sources by Laura Angotti
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- February 6 – Mountain Dragon Mazery, Fairmont, WV – Mulled Mead Tastings
- February 7 – Bos Meadery, Madison, WI – MoodTrain’s Last Stop
- February 7 – Haley’s Honey Meadery, Hopewell, VA – Junior Wilson Live
- February 7-9 – Earle Estates Meadery, Seneca Lake area, NY – Chocolate and Wine tour
- February 9 – Grimsby Hollow Meadery, Middleville, MI – Drink Mead Learn Things – Open Dungeons and Dragons
- February 14 – Starrlight Meadery, Pittsboro, NC – Mead and Chocolate
- February 15 – Meridian Hive, Austin, TX – Mead for Australia Fundraiser
- February 15 – Meduseld Meadery, Lancaster, PA – Rose and Shamrock Festival
- February 15 – Meadery Bus Tour, Detroit, MI – visiting Schramm’s Mead, B.Nektar Mead and Kuhnhenn Brewery and Meadery
- February 22 – Strad Meadery, Cordoba, CA – Paint and Sip class
- February 23 – Threadbare Cider and Mead, Pittsburgh, PA – Koji and Tempeh Master Class
- February 23 – Washington Mead and Cider Cup Deadline
- February 28 – Fifth Annual Michigan Nordic Fire Festival and Mead Hall – Charlotte, MI
- March 13 – Grimsby Hollow Meadery, Middleville, MI – Zachary Craft, music
- March 17 – MeadCon Meadery Open Houses at Queen Bee Meadery (Denver) and Honnibrook Meadery (Castle Rock)
- March 18-19 – MeadCon 2020, Broomfield, CO – 2 days of seminars and the MeadUp mead tasting event
- March 20-21 – Mazer Cup International Mead Competition and Mead Mixer Tasting Event (March 20)
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-18-20 C. Marina Marchese – MeadCon Speaker – Honey Evaluation and Sensory Analysis - February 18, 2020
- 2-4-20 Keith Seiz, MeadCon Speaker – National Honey Board and mead - February 4, 2020
- 1-28-20 Laura Angotti, MeadCon Keynote – the history of mead and historic recipes - January 28, 2020