3-3-20 Tonight at 9PM ET GotMead Live will be talking with Steve Patik, an accomplished and award winning mead maker who will be speaking at the AMMA MeadCon in two weeks on braggots, along with Andy Brewer from Locavore Beerworks.
Steve discovered mead over Thanksgiving dinner in 2012, and a year later was making it. Since then, Steve has been making mead in unconventional ways, yet successful.
Steve is a regular entrant in mead competitions all over the country, and he consistently does really well, even taking a Best in Show now and again. His favorite styles to work with are traditionals and braggots, and he really shines with his braggots and is known for them in the mead world.
We’ll have a bit shorter show tonight, as Steve has a late commitment this evening, but we’ll have fun talking shop about braggots and other meadly things!
Join us on the live chat and don’t be afraid to call in if you want to!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.[break] [break]Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online! 9PM EDT/6PM PDT Join us on live chat during the show Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
- March 10, 17 and 24th off for MeadCon final prep, the event, and recovery (I’ll have no voice)
Show links and notes
- Honeybee: Lessons from an Accidental Beekeeper by C. Marina Marchese
- The Honey Connoisseur by C. Marina Marchese and Kim Flottum
- National Honey Board Mead Crafter Compeitition
- Penn Herb Co
- San Francisco Herbs
- Wellcome Mead: 105 Mead Recipes from the 17th and 18th Century English Receipt Books at the Wellcome Library by Laura Angotti
- Cider and Perry in Britain to 1700: A Collection of Material from Primary and Selected Secondary Sources by Laura Angotti
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- March 6 – Bos Meadery, Madison, WI – Music with the Dead Johhnys and Butter Brick
- March 7 – Kvlt Mead, Tacoma, WA – One Year Anniversary
- March 7 – Brimming Horn Meadery, Milton, DE – Bastion’s Wake with Matt Barlow and Freddie Vidales
- March 11-12 – Ancient Fire Mead & Cider, Manchester, NH – 2nd Birthday Celebration
- March 13 – Grimsby Hollow Meadery, Middleville, MI – Zachary Craft, music
- March 17 – MeadCon Meadery Open Houses at Queen Bee Meadery (Denver) and Honnibrook Meadery (Castle Rock)
- March 18-19 – MeadCon 2020, Broomfield, CO – 2 days of seminars and the MeadUp mead tasting event
- March 20-21 – Mazer Cup International Mead Competition and Mead Mixer Tasting Event (March 20)
- March 28 – Starrlight Meadery, Pittsboro, NC – Viking Shield Combat
- April 3 – Clear Skies Meadery, Gaithersburg, MD – Opening day, 3PM
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
- 10-12-21 James Boicourt – Charm City Meadworks – Session Meads – on the Dry Side - October 12, 2021
- 9-28-21 Bob Slanzi – Making Mead, Rescuing a Mead, Saving a Meadery - September 28, 2021
- 9-14-21 National Honey Month with Alison Conklin – National Honey Board - September 14, 2021