5-30-17 Welcome to another episode of GotMead Live! We’re chatting with Carvin Wilson tonight.
In case you’ve been hiding under a rock, no, Carvin isn’t a meadery owner, he’s a regular meadmaker. And this year he burst out of the woodwork at the Mazer Cup and took home 4 Mazers. (He’s also snagged 3 medals at Mead Free or Die and 6 Midwinter Competition medals). He also rented a big party suite in the hotel and entertained, well, *everybody* for the entire week of the AMMA Conference and the MCI.
If you didn’t get a chance to meet him or talk with him at the MCI or elsewhere, Carvin is a great guy. He makes amazing mead, and he’s easy going and really approachable. Did I mention he makes amazing mead?
Come hang out with us tonight!
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Oak and Mead – Petar Bakulic
- Titrets sulfite testing kit
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- St. Ambrose Cellars – Live music every Friday night – Thirsty Thursday (35% off Refills) – Open Mic Nights on Thursdays (6PM)
- Meridian Hive Meadery – last Friday of every month – Board Game Mead Up at the Tasting Room
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
- 9-26-23 Ali and Shane Fox – Dragon Meadery, Colorado - September 26, 2023
- 9-12-23 Don Miller – Texas Rivers Distilling, Freeport, TX - September 12, 2023
- 9-5-23 Kent Slaymaker – Slaymaker Cellars, Idaho Springs, CO - September 5, 2023