Chrissie Manion Zaerpoor, mead lover, AMMA board member and legislative committee member, and owner, with her husband of Kookoolan Farms in Oregon, aims to change that.
She has written and is in the process of editing and self-publishing her book, ‘The Art of Mead Tasting and Food Pairing‘.
The book is a grand tour of the worlds’ meads, coupled with innovative and tasty recipes to show the versatility and pairability of mead.
We are going to chat her up, and find out more about this book, and when we can expect to see it available for purchase.
On Back to Basics, AJ, Manny and I are talking yeast. What to use, when, and in what meads. And we’re tickled to have Pete Bakulic (Oskaar) on with us this evening to help us dig deep, so bring your questions on yeast!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Note: We lost the broadcast last week at about 10:36 due to nasty storms in the area, but were also recording offline. We are in the process of cutting and pasting various bits together and hope to have the updated recording up in the next day or so. We hoped for last week, but jobs, timing and internet issues here at the GM Studios got in the way.
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ –
- Vicky – Misbeehavin’ Mead Strawberry Mead
- Manny –
- Chrissie –
- Pete –
Show links and notes:
- Brew Your Own Beer Yeast chart
- Winemaker Magazine Wine Yeast chart
- S. cerevisiae Codon Usage Tables
- Function of yeast species and strains in wine flavor – Int J Food Microbiol
- Non-conventional Yeast Species for Lowering Ethanol Content of Wines
- Lallemand yeast articles
- Winemaking yeasts and bacterial strains – Australia
- Co-Flocculation of Yeast Species, a New Mechanism to Govern Population Dynamics in Microbial Ecosystems
- Wyeast yeast style guide
- Starrlight Meadery
- July 29th – International Tiger Day! In honor of that day, for the month of July we will be helping out our friends over at Carolina Tiger Rescue! For each tasting or glass of sangria that we sell during the month, we’ll donate $2 to the Tiger Rescue
- July 22 – Mead and a Sunset Cruise – Friday, July 22 – Join us, and Captain Don from Triangle Boat Tours, for one of our favorite outings – mead tasting and a 2 hour sunset cruise on Jordan Lake.
- Bos Meadery – multiple artistic events – check in on their calendar for movie nights, art displays and more!
- June 29 – Rashamon – A riveting psychological thriller that investigates the nature of truth and the meaning of justice, Rashomon is widely considered onevcof the greatest films ever made.
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328
- B.Nektar Events:
- July 19th – #WeAreOrlando Fundraiser at the B. Nektar Taproom (50% of sales to be donated to the Pulse Victims Fund)
- July 22nd-23rd – Michigan Summer Beer Fest in Ypsilanti
- July 22nd – *Tasting event* Mega Bev in Kalamazoo
- July 23rd – *Tasting event* Under The Vines in Grand Rapids
- July 29th – Corks For Conservation at Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek
- July 30-21 – Mutant Killer Zombie Manhattan Project Thinngie Release Party
- July 19 – Charm City Meadworks – Tap takeover at Das Bier Haus
- July 23 – Orcas Island Cider and Mead Festival – Eastsound, WA
- National Mead Day – Aug 6
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- California Master Beekeeping Course – Sept 11 and 18
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!