7-23-19 We’re off to northern Minnesota tonight talk with Curt Stock about the Valkyries Horn, Mead Competition of the Gods. And of course talk shop with Curt about mead! When I asked Curt for some background on himself, he came back with ‘overrated meadmaker’ (his words). However, we wanted to give y’all a little bit more than that, so here is a bit about Curt. Curt’s been homebrewing since 1996. He started making mead after he purchased Ken’s The Complete Meadmaker at the 2003 AHA conference in Chicago. He then got hooked on melomels. He made it to the AHA 2nd round BOS table in 2004 in Las Vegas (lost to Formanek and Devaris, not bad company) then won MMOTY in 2005 in Baltimore. He attended a few of the IMFs (International Mead Festival) during that time where he met me, Oskar, David Myers, Ken, Pete Devaris and others. He also hung out with Michael Fairbrother a lot before he went pro. Many fun times were had and headaches! Join us to talk with Curt about the Valkyries Horn Mead Competition and talk shop with him about his meads and what he’s been doing.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.[break] [break]Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online! 9PM EDT/6PM PDT Join us on live chat during the show Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Evoak – Oak Solutions
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- July 30 – Recolte Mead
- July 24 – Bos Meadery – synthesizer group The Blips
- July 25 – Golden Coast Mead – Monthly Meading and Homebrew share
- July 26 – Rebel Meadery, Stonekeep Meadery, The Colony Meadery – Bear Creek Wine Festival
- July 27 – Orcas Island Cider and Mead Festival
- Aug 2 – B. Nektar – 11th Birthday and Mead Day Celebration
- Aug 3 – Queen City Meadery – Grand Opening and National Mead Day Festival
- Aug 3 – Meridian Hive Meadery – National Mead Day Celebration
- Aug 3 – The Beer Exchange in Kalamazoo – Mead Day Celebration
- Aug 3 – Schramm’s Mead – Mead Day Celebration and Food Pairing
- Aug 3 – Royal Meadery – Mead Day Celebration
- Aug 3 – Long Island Mead Festival – Including Beacon Meadery, Enlightenment Wines, Haymaker Meadery, Meridian Hive, Mutiny Distribution, MYSTO MEAD, Remarkable Liquids Distribution, Slate Point Meadery, & W A Meadwerks with more being added every day.
- Aug 8 – Skal Beer Hall – Washington Mead Fest
- Aug 10 – Orchid Cellar Mead – Frederick County Craft Beverage Festival
- Aug 31 – New Day Craft Mead – Meadful Things and Outciders Festival
- Sept 22 – Starrlight Mead – Mead Day Celebration and Fall Festival
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
- 9-22-20 Keith Seiz and Alison Wuebbels – National Honey Board - September 22, 2020
- 9-15-20 Brian Wing – Green Bench Brewing, Cody Lenz and Joe Leigh – Florida Mead - September 15, 2020
- 9-8-20 Sergio Moutela Talks Sessions with Kevin Meintsma - September 8, 2020