8-9-16 Meridian Hive Meadery in Austin has been making mead since 2012, and winning awards all the way. The guys do a lot of session meads and kick but while doing it! Eric and Mike make amazing mead! Eric also runs the Texas Mead Fest and competition which is coming up in September as well.
Meridian Hive is big on balance in their meads, and does mostly session meads, the majority of them on draft, but some are bottled. They are currently hard at work turning on all of Texas to their interesting meads, and having a great time doing it!
On Back to Basics, AJ,and I will be talking about bochets, balance and session meads with Eric and Mike from Meridian Hive. What to use, when, and in what meads.
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Note: We lost the broadcast last week at about 10:36 due to nasty storms in the area, but were also recording offline. We are in the process of cutting and pasting various bits together and hope to have the updated recording up in the next day or so. We hoped for last week, but jobs, timing and internet issues here at the GM Studios got in the way.
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ – festival cyser
- Vicky – Acoustic Mead – Strawberry Rose
- Mike – experimental braggot
- Eric – blend of Discovery draft mead and ginger beer
Show links and notes:
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328[break]
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- California Master Beekeeping Course – Sept 11 and 18
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
- 10-12-21 James Boicourt – Charm City Meadworks – Session Meads – on the Dry Side - October 12, 2021
- 9-28-21 Bob Slanzi – Making Mead, Rescuing a Mead, Saving a Meadery - September 28, 2021
- 9-14-21 National Honey Month with Alison Conklin – National Honey Board - September 14, 2021