9-13-16 – Tonight we’re talking with John Harris, owner of Harris Meadery in Orange Park Florida, near Jacksonville. John runs the meadery with his wife Melissa and their daughters Amelia and Amanda.
Harris Meadery is just getting going, and have two flagship meads they are offering – a Key Lime Pie honey wine and and a soon-to-be-release Cherry Raspberry Currant honey wine.
Florida is slowly getting more and more meaderies, Harris looks to be a great addition! We’re looking forward to hearing what they have in store for their customers.
(Personally, I want to get my hands on a bottle of the Key Lime Pie!!)
He’ll be sticking around to talk with us about citrus melomels in Back to Basics, with myself, AJ, Manny and Hamish. Come join us to talk mead!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
What we were drinking:
- AJ –
- Vicky – water tonight
- Manny –
- Sergio –
Show links and notes:
- Mace Meadworks at macemeadworks.com has live music every Saturday night at 250 East Main Street Dayton, Washington 99328[break]
- Brothers Drake Meadery – ongoing concert events
- Texas Mead Fest – September 24
- Orpheus Mead Fest – Colorado – Oct 1 – entry cut off 9-16
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
- 10-26-21 Yancy Bodenstein, Manisha Eigner and Jacob Latour – Clear Skies Meadery – home mead going pro - October 26, 2021
- 10-12-21 James Boicourt – Charm City Meadworks – Session Meads – on the Dry Side - October 12, 2021
- 9-28-21 Bob Slanzi – Making Mead, Rescuing a Mead, Saving a Meadery - September 28, 2021