9-14-21Tonight we’re celebrating National Honey Month with Alison Conklin at the National Honey Board. The NHB has a bunch of really interesting events and campaigns going on during September.
The National Honey Board is doing all kinds of things for National Honey Month, including the Honey Saves Hives campaign to support honey bees, our favorite insectss. As part of that they’ve done a collaboration with Billy and Savannah at Lost Cause Meadery in San Diego, where $3 of every bottle of Gone West, their latest traditional, goes to support Honey Saves Hives in September.They are also partnering with Sergio Moutela (Melovino) at Melle Water.
Also in celebration of National Honey Month, the Honey Board has partnered with the Pink Boots Society to produce honey beers. The Pink Boots Society was created to assist, inspire and encourage women fermented/beverage professionals through education.
The Honey Board is also holding their Mead Crafters Competition, for professional meaderies which is open for registration until October 1 (get your entries in!!)
We’ll also be talking about Heineken and their mead launch (big beer jumping in!) and of course, bees.
It should be a fun time, join us!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.[break] [break]Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
It’s now mead slushee season, and we are celebrating with four rotating flavors. Each one is a dangerously delicious glass of heaven. Visit the state-of-the-art meadery and tasting room south of downtown Castle Rock, Colorado, in a converted man cave. Mention the Got Mead Podcast this month for a free slushee taster! They love visitors! www.honnibrook.com
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online! 9PM EDT/6PM PDT Join us on live chat during the show Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
- September 28 – James Boicourt – Charm City Meadworks – Baltimore, MD
Having trouble keeping accurate brew logs? Construct recipes and manage tasting notes with Adventurous Brewer. Adventurous Brewer has your needs in mind–generate staggered nutrient additions, create timers and calendar events, and track active batches. You can even split batches mid-brew to experiment with different flavoring agents in secondary. Visit https://adventurousbrewer.app/login.html today.
Show links and notes
- Now-Sept 26 – Moonshine Meadery, Pirangut, Maharashtra,India – tour the meadery
- Sept 18 – Starrlight Mead, Pittsboro, NC – Ebling Reserve release – a port style cherry/blackberry/blueberry mead at 13%
- Sept 18-19 – SoLu Winery and Meadery, Cascade, WI – Grape Harvest volunteers! Help harvest grapes, enjoy music and sangria
- Sept 24 – Starrlight Mead, Pittsboro, NC – Meadfest!
- Sept 25 – Chubby Cheeks Meadery, Temecula, CA – Mead Making Workshop
- September 25-26 Metal and Beer Fest, Philadelphia, PA – Brimminghorn Meadery will be pouring at this festival
- Oct 1-31 – Humblebee Meadery, BC, Canada – Huck it in the Bucket: A month-long special promoting HumbleBee Meadery and Axewood Axe Throwing at the Whistler Racket Club’s Courtside Cafe, Patio, and Bar
- Oct 3 – Tennessee Honey Festival, Nashville, TN- featuring Honey Tree Meadery, music, food and tons of fun
- Oct 30 – Maryland Beer, Wine and Spirits Festival – Clear Skies Meadery, Maryland Meadworks and the Buzz Meadery will be pouring
- Nov 6 – Suwanee Wine Fest, Suwanee, GA – featuring Etowah Meadery from Dahlonoga, GA
- You can buy mead online at https://shopmeads.com
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
- 9-14-21 National Honey Month with Alison Conklin – National Honey Board - September 14, 2021
- 8-31-21 Tom Gosnell – Gosnells of London - August 31, 2021
- 8-19-21 Gordon Baron and Ann Farrell – Lancashire Mead, Lancashire, Great Britain - August 19, 2021